Saturday, September 7, 2019

Today has been a good day. A lot has been accomplished. One of my kids was here for the weekend and she was super helpful. The one big thing I wanted to get done was Gus’ hooves. They were getting really long and needed to be clipped so they didn’t start to hurt him when he is walking. I didn’t know what I was doing but I went to the store and got a tool to clip them. Jodie was doing research online to see how to do it. We go out there like we know what we are doing even though we really didn’t. Imagine that. One of the videos she watched and some of the info I had seen said to put them on their back. Well, that wasn’t going to happen. I got him there but that was a big no from him.  He is really a sweet pig and doesn’t have any problems with people. He loves to be loved on by anyone. So, he was able to just lay on his side while Jodie ribbed his belly and I trimmed hooves. He did excellent. He was the only one that needed his hooves trimmed. No problems with him at all. I was really excited that we were able to do it. I sure didn’t want to have to take him to a vet to get it done. I was really proud of him and us. I’m still learning and need some help sometimes but I’m getting it done. They deserve the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment