Saturday, September 21, 2024

9/20/24

Yet again, the cats were waiting on me to get their food to them. I swear, I only see them to feed them these days. 



Mattie had been laying down when I went outside to feed. He got up and was stretching. He sure is cute. 



Noma was laying down by the fence while all the other donkeys were laying down in the barn. Why did I not ever think about the donkeys laying down? They sure do. 




The chicken went after the pig pen and their food this morning. The chickens cannot get in there and I think I am glad about that. 






It was a pretty morning. Jasper was laying down in the hay. I went over to pet him and he actually did not get up and allowed me to pet him. We are making progress everyday. 

I fed Mattie, Willow, and Noma a little bit of hay I had dropped when feeding the goats and sheep. I just love their little personalities. They are a cute little family. Ronnie and I had always said we would put Mattie over in the other pasture when he got old enough, but those 3 are so bonded, I just cannot imagine doing that to them now. 






The moon was still beautiful on one side of the pasture. the donkeys were watching me. They got up as I was out there feeding everyone. 



Noma let me pet her again this morning. I call that a win for the day. 



The cats were still home when I got home. I noticed Onyx has some kind of wound on her back. I was able to put some peroxide on it. She was not happy about that, but I did it anyway. 




The goats came out of the barn to eat with the chickens. That is a funny little relationship.



The youngest black hens are such beautiful little hens. I need to come up with names for them. 



Spots’ wound is not looking too good, but I will get it doctored up. 



I was able to Spray the horses down today. I sprayed Spot’s wound and the healing wound on Saverine’s eye. 



I was able to get the screw out of Saverine’s foot without any problem today. She even lifted her foot for me and did not move when I leaned down to get the screw out. It took maybe 3 minutes. She seemed grateful for that. 




Pepper was acting a little weird today. She was stumbling around more and fell down a few times. She had me nervous, but it looks like she was totally asleep and when I woke her up to go outside, she had trouble getting her bearings. I do that every morning. 



The pigs apparently enjoyed the mud today, at least Spam did. It is another hot day today. Tomorrow might be the last hot day for a while. 



The dogs were ready to get inside after being out in the heat. 



I could not remember if I locked the pig pen or not this evening. I had to go check it out. Ridiculous. I think some things become such a habit that we do not think about it and then do not remember if we did them or not. Locking the pig pen is one of those things for me. 



I put more peroxide on Onyx’s wound this evening. She was not happy with me and hid. 



No comments:

Post a Comment