Sunday, September 29, 2024

9/22/24

The two young hens were up on the fence this morning. I do not see that often. They are starting to get out of their comfort zones and get around more. 


Of course the cats were home and waiting on food. I was able to doctor Onyx more. I think she will be okay. 


There is some rain in the forecast today. It sure was beautiful to see the clouds in the horizon. 


The pigs were doing well this morning. They were running around wanting food. 



Noma let me pet her again this morning. She was not as friendly but she did let me pet her. Willow also let me pet her, too. 




I ended up throwing the hay right on top of Ted. He ran around trying to get it off. I had to go in and remove the hay from his back. 


The goats and sheep were enjoying their hay this morning. I like to see that. 




As soon as I went out to feed the animals, it started pouring down rain. I watched the donkeys running into the barn. Donkeys do not like to be wet, so they were getting out of the rain. 


I went ahead and fed the goats and sheep in their shelters so the hay would not get wet and they would not either. I like to avoid the possibility of them getting sick.




The horses were in the barn, but they did come out to eat. 


All the animals came out to eat and then went back into their houses. 


The donkeys did decide to stay in the barn while the rain came down. 


The pigs were waiting in the rain to get their food. That makes me laugh. 



Porky and Buckwheat were fighting. When the weather changes the animals seem to get rowdy. I do not know what they were fighting about, but they were fighting like crazy. 



I do like to see rain around here. We need it. I do not necessarily like to have to feed in the rain, but I will do it. 


The cats were home this evening. Onyx was hiding under a stool to avoid getting wet. Athena and Yeller were under one of the cars. I do not blame them. That rain was cold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment