Saturday, January 14, 2023

January 14

      I went to bed with a migraine last night, so I went to sleep early. I was in bed almost 12 hours which never happens. The 2 hours before I got up were dozing on and off because Ursula was ready for me to be awake. She would run on me and she would jump up on top of the head board, anything to get me awake. I finally and reluctantly got out of bed. I needed to get up anyway.

     I got up and went outside to start feeding the animals. I think Ronnie had gotten up earlier to let the dogs out and then went to his office and fell back asleep. I was almost finished feeding when he came outside. He took over so I could get ready because we had people coming over to see the animals. 

     A friend of mine came by with her kids today. I do enjoy watching people meeting the animals for the first time. The donkeys and goats happened to be up close to the house, so they got loved on and given treats. Mattie came right right up to them when we all came through the gate. He even followed them for a bit. The kids loved Cracker Jack and the sheep. They are a favorite out here. Those guys just love attention. We went and petted some horses. Chief did not come to the fence, but everyone else did. I noticed Takua had a cut on his leg while we were petting on the animals. I have no idea what happened. He also has a hurt back leg and is limping a bit. Horses to get hurt though. The kids got to go in the pen with the both sets of goats and had a good time. They did let on some pigs also. Noma even came to them for some treats which always warms my heart. We went in the house and they loved on some house cats. It was a good time and I think they had fun. That’s what I want. I gave them some knowledge about all the animals, some of the backstories on them. It blesses me when people come to see what’s going on out here. 



     It was a good day and I am glad it was. Weekends are a little different sometimes. I did some house cleaning and some things that needed to be done. Ronnie went and bought feed and supplies we needed. We only have a couple of days a week to get all the extra stuff done that needs to be done so we do our best to get it all in. 

      Word of the day is hard working. Proverbs 13:4

No comments:

Post a Comment