Saturday, May 27, 2023

May 23

It is supposed to rain again today. I know it is hard on the animals, but I think they are enjoying the cooler temps. I sure am. We have had more humidity because of the rain but when the storms start coming in, the temp drops which is what is so hard on the animals. 


I came home and saw Annabeth was back in the shop. I chased her around and she left the shop. I am trying to help her, but it is obvious she does not believe me. I get it, I would be nervous also. 



I did find her again a while later. She was under the porch with the dogs. That cracked me up. The dogs were not bothered at all. I guess Annabeth felt protected with the dogs. They should have scared her more than me. 


I found out who is laying eggs in the thistle. It’s Suzie Q and Edith. I saw Edith sitting in there laying. I mean, it’s a pretty good spot. Ronnie happened to see the eggs one day and I have checked daily, I just happened to see Edith sitting there today. 




Rena and Copper are doing well in the coop. I am so glad they are in there. They seem much happier. 


Mattie is still sharing his food with the chickens every day. It is cute. The chickens are fine but he will kick a cow without a second thought. 


Chief’s bowl was too far for me to reach, so when he saw me coming with the food, he pulled the bowl to where I could reach it. Animals are smarter than we give them credit for. They amaze me every day. 


It was humid during feeding time. I watched Russ sitting in the mud cooling off. I sprayed Gus and the other two with the water hose. 



I found another small egg, like the size of a robin egg. I know it’s a chicken laying them though. I have researched the eggs and some call them fairy eggs. It’s basically the chicken needs some extra nutrients and stuff because these little eggs do not have a yoke. I cracked this one opened just to see. Rena and Copper ate the shell. 




The horses are still all doing well. I am so grateful for that. 


The donkeys and goats are doing well in the pasture also. 


The chickens that live in the front of the house for whatever reason have started laying in a different cacti. I have to laugh. They switch it up on me often. 


Mattie is still sticking close to Noma and Willow. It breaks my heart, but Mattie needs to go to the vet before he can get closer to them. 


We have a couple of gorgeous goldfinches that hang out with Noma and Willow most days. I get happy whenever I see them. 


My friend called tonight and wanted to come meet Willow. Willow did finally warm up to her and let her pet her. Heather was having to pet Willow and Mattie at the same time. It was funny. 


You could watch the storm rolling in and of course I was out there taking pictures of the storm. It did rain and it rained a lot. 




Word of the day is smart. Proverbs 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment