Sunday, May 28, 2023

May 24

It looked like we were going to have more storms. I knew that since the forecast showed rain all week. I was not believing it though. I’m glad we are getting it though. 



I had not seen Jelly in what felt like a couple days. Ronnie sees him in the morning to eat but he comes home so late since it gets dark so late. I got to see him this morning. 


Saverine is still doing well. I saw her wondering around this morning before the rain. I was glad to see that. I look for her every day now after her episode with colic. 


When I got home, I saw Edith laying an egg in the thistle. I thought her and Suzie Q were the ones laying there, but I was not positive. 


As I walked into the shop, I saw Annabeth, the chicken I had been trying to catch in one of the crates laying an egg. I took that opportunity to slowly go over there and close the crate door. I felt bad when she freaked out, but I had caught her. I was so glad. 


I walked over and put Annabeth in the coop with Rena and Copper. They seemed to be doing fine together so I was going to leave them alone and let them get used to being together. I went to check later and they were still doing fine. 


I watched Carlos in the barn. I call him my unicorn goat. He has one horn growing. It’s so cute to me. I have no idea why there is only one growing and why now. 


The piles of string we have around here is ridiculous. However, it is being used. I saw Yeller laying on one and Athena and Onyx on another one. 



I thought I had finally removed all the chickens out of the shop, but I saw Simone had set up shop in there now. I’m done running chickens out of there. It will be never ending. 


Mattie’s has been sharing his food with the chickens for a while now. The chickens have stopped going over to their food, they just eat Mattie’s. 


Porky has not been acting himself lately. I do not really know what is going on with him, but I’m watching him. 


Jeb was acting like he was on alert at feeding time. He stopped and started scanning the area. I never saw anything but he thought there was something out there. 


It was hot today so I made sure to spray the pigs down. They do not really like that much. 


There is one chick that has to stop and look at everything around. This chick is always late to catch up to Chloe. I laugh when watching this. It happens all the time. 


Willow is still so cute with her expressions. I cannot get over how much she looks like Pedro. 


I caught a photo of Mattie and Willow. I think they love each other. That’s good since they are family. 


Word of the day is family. Psalm 133:1

No comments:

Post a Comment