Saturday, January 15, 2022

What Now??

Some things just do not go as planned. I came home one evening and was feeding the animals. I kept smelling something I can only describe as foul. I could not figure out where it was coming from or what it could be. I finally pinpointed it. One of the chickens was having something called a dirty vent. It’s went they have a yeast infection type thing. Gross I know, but that’s stuff you have to deal with on a farm. It’s usually caused by stress. We have a rooster here that is stressing the ladies out big time. I’m still trying to figure out what to do with him. I picked her up, which she hates and checked her over. She had been acting funny the few days before this. She couldn’t get up on the roost and was sleeping on the ground, not a good sign. I tried to help her, but she wasn’t having it. She would not calm down enough for me to clean her up. After stressing her out, I let her go and thought I would try again the next day. Bless her heart. If it’s not one thing here, it’s something else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment