Sunday, December 31, 2023

December 31

This is the last day of 2023.


I got some projects completed today. Persia of course wanted to help. 


I was looking back on Mattie’s Mountain for the year. This year was better than last year and next year will be even better. We have had a big loss with Cracker Jack passing, but we also gained Willow. We have had more visitors this year for various reasons; community service, just wanting to hang out, feeling down. We had another walk this year that went well. We have been able to donate to a few causes to help the community. We have been in the paper this year. We have met new friends along this journey. I was able to write a book this year and had a successful book signing. My favorite part of the book signing was the children’s book where kids were able to put their artwork in the book. My friend and I were able to go into a school where suicide awareness was discussed. Mattie’s Mountain was a part of several different events in the community. Mattie the donkey was in the Gebo’s calendar this year. It’s been a busy year. I’m grateful for Mattie’s Mountain. It is hard at times, but I’m hoping for big things in 2024.


All the animals are doing fine. They have no idea a new year is coming. As long as they have food and water, they don’t care about much. That’s okay. 










I did notice a pretty significant injury on Willow. I have no ide what happened. It looks like it was not recent and it is already healing up. We tried to spray it. I got a little on her, but I almost got kicked also. I am sure she will be fine. 


As we go into 2024, I hope you have some goals in mind for yourself. I hope you can look back on 2023 and see even if it’s an inch, you have moved forward. Every little bit counts. Keep moving. Keep growing. 
Word of the day is ending. Psalm 138:8

No comments:

Post a Comment