Wednesday, August 14, 2019

I have been feeding my pigs their pig pellets every morning. In the evening I have been feeding them fruits and veggies and various other things. When you have 7 growing pigs a 50 lb bag doesn’t last as long as it should. I thought I was feeding them too much so I backed off a little. Then i noticed the bigger pigs were losing weight. Not a lot but I could tell they were losing. They are still growing and for pigs aren’t overweight. So I decided one night that I would feed them like I was without pellets at night. I did a little test. After I fed them they were still acting like they were hungry and so I got out some hay and gave them that. Sure enough they ate it like they were starving. Poor babies. I’m trying to care for them the best I can and I’m learning as I go. The little ones always eat the hay but I know the big ones were still really hungry because they normally don’t eat the hay but they did this time. They fought over the hay even. I have now gone back to doing what I was doing and they seem better. I am not trying to starve them for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment