Saturday, August 24, 2019

I have not shared this on the blog. I have been so stressed and so upset the last few weeks. I started noticing Bacon bit’s belly doing weird things. I thought she was pregnant. Like I truly thought she was pregnant. Her belly has been moving like there are babies in there. I even have a photo where it looks like a baby was kicking. Her belly has been hard and very round. I’m telling you, I have been freaking out. I had to take Brutus to the vet, so I talked to him about it. I was able to show him videos and pics of her belly and he said she definitely looked pregnant. My mind started going crazy. Bacon bit is still a baby herself. Could she actually give birth without getting hurt, what was I going to do if she didn’t mother them, I don’t have time to feed babies every 2 hours for weeks, would any of them survive. All of this was going through my mind. I was still praying and hoping that I was wrong. My heart sank when the vet said she was probably pregnant. Then he said it couldn’t have been Brutus because he was to small. So that would mean it was Pork Chop that got her pregnant and that’s her brother. Then I was really freaking out. I thought I had him fixed soon enough. I have been a mess!! I made an appointment for Bacon bit to go in and get checked and get all of my questions answered. That in itself was a nightmare. Remember, these smaller pigs aren’t very friendly. I tried to catch her for 2 hours the night before the appointment. I had no luck. She is fast and super smart. The next morning Ronnie came out to help me. He ended up having to somewhat tackle her. Oh it was something. I finally get her to the vet and I waited and waited. The vet came out and said he couldn’t find anything and he did not think she was pregnant after all. I had to check to make sure we had gotten the right pig into the crate to take to the vet. Once I got her back in the car, I actually cried with relief!! I didn’t want babies and I didn’t want Bacon bit hurt. She is definitely a little stand offish. She has been a little traumatized over all of this. I know she will come back around at some point. I am glad I took her and am relieved on the outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment