Sunday, August 25, 2019

The other day Ronnie came out to the pen at feeding time. He had not seen the pigs at feeding time with their squealing and their foaming at the mouth. Yes, pigs foam at the mouth when they are smelling food or know there is food on the way. I freaked out the first time I saw this. I had no idea. I googled it to make sure there wasn’t something crazy going on. Rabies is the only reason I thought an animal foamed at the mouth. Apparently not pigs. They don’t drool like a dog, they foam. It is weird to see for the first time. After that it’s just normal. Ronnie had not seen this. He looked at me and asked me what was wrong with my pigs. It was funny to me because I had the same reaction the first time. I’m just glad I’m not the only one that thought that was odd. I really don’t notice it anymore though.


No comments:

Post a Comment