Thursday, August 8, 2019

I have learned so much by having this little farm. Yeah, it’s definitely work and I don’t get any time to myself to relax or any of that anymore. Sometimes that can get frustrating. But in all of this, I have learned some stuff about myself, too. I definitely like animals more than I like people. Hahaha!!! That’s not really true.. all the time anyway. What I’ve learned the most is that I can do way more than I thought I could. I have also learned hard work does pay off. I’ve learned I’m stronger than I thought I was. There has been so much that has gone on with the animals since we got them, but with every problem that comes up, we just handle it. Treat has had mange and pneumonia and almost died, but didn’t. She has run away 3 times but came home. The goats have had worms so bad they were anemic, but they are fine now. Spam is awful when she is in heat, so aggressive. Gus is a jealous little pig. Bacon bit has had ring worm, but it’s going away. Pork chop has hated me since he got neutered, but he is warming up just like the rest of them. Patsy and Brutus were so depressed when they came here I thought they would will themselves to die but they came out of it. Cracker Jack is moody and gets jealous and mad at times like a teenager, but we deal with it and love him anyway. Maggie I think was snake bitten, but she is even better. The list goes on and on. Not to mention I have had to deal with some of the same issues they have. Not only that but late nights and early mornings. I didn’t think I would love it this much, but I do. Every minute of it. I’m grateful to be able to do this. And I feel like they are grateful, too. They are all starting to feel the love around here. With 3 goats, a donkey, 3 dogs, 2 cats,  and 7 pigs, they have to feel it. It’s literally everywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment