Saturday, June 29, 2019

I am sure I have talked about this before and this may get you right in the feels, but as I was watching the two little ones, Bacon bit and Pork chop in case you forgot their names, I was so grateful that I did not separate these two. I know it’s been a little bit of a pain, getting Pork chop fixed and all, but for me, it’s worth it. Those two are so bonded, I would hate to think what would have happened if I had separated them. If you remember, I went to get just one, the female and was not going to get the male because it’s more vet bills. I’m not a rescue and those bills can get really high. When I showed up that day to get the female, the man I got them from had them both in a crate and they were absolutely terrified. They were huddled together like their lives depended on it. I asked him what he would do with the male and he said that he would be fine and would stay there until he found a home for him. Well, as you know, I’ve been researching and knew they were social animals and didn’t do well alone. Now don’t get me wrong, all of this guys animals were very well taken care of and he had more litters of piglets looking for homes also, but I just could not bare the thought of these two getting separated. It broke my heart. I knew I did the right thing by taking both of them together. Those two crack me up so much. They are never apart. I don’t think they would have done well apart.  They needed each other and I’m glad I could accommodate them in their new home.


No comments:

Post a Comment