Thursday, June 13, 2019

The pen was finished!!! Yay!!! I was so excited, but it took me 2 days to get them in it. I went out and was going to move them, but I didn’t want to do it alone... these pigs are not friendly and very hard to catch if they decide to run away.  Also, I had gone out and I didn’t see a way to lock the pen. Apparently I wasn’t looking... probably because of excitement, but my husband was out and about and said he would pick up a chain. When he got home, I talked him into helping me get the pigs from the kennel to the pen. These pigs hate to be picked up and are getting heavy. I grab Treat, she is screaming her head off, but she is the smaller of the 2, so I got her to the pen prematurely easily. I may have lost my hearing for a few seconds, but she was in there. Now to the next one. Spam is about double the size of Treat. She is aggressive at times and fights me for the top hog spot. She lunges at me and tries to bite me, not all of the time, but quite a bit. So, when I go to grab her, she isn’t wanting to go. I finally get her and pick her up after her running in circles in the small kennel. She is not having it. She is thrashing around and screaming so loud. My husband opens the gate and takes off toward the pen to open that for me, but when he left the gate opened, I needed to go around it to get out, except there wasn’t enough space. So, I had to get it closed to get out of the kennel. I got it with my foot and almost dropped Spam due to the thrashing around. Now, to get to the pen, there is a hill, I am working my way up and I almost drop her again. She is throwing the biggest tantrum!!! I finally get to the pen and get her in it. The attitudes of these pigs changed instantly. They were so happy, which made me so happy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment