Saturday, June 29, 2019

If it’s not one thing on a farm, it’s another. I went out to check on the goats and the donkey one day and noticed Hercules was really losing his hair. I noticed it a few days before but it was getting way worse really quickly. Started doing some research and it could have been a number of things. There was a list: lice, rubbing in the fence, fungus, mineral deficiency, etc. How do you even start to rule all of that out? I knew it wasn’t lice because there were no bugs. I didn’t think it was a fungus since none f the other animals had it. That left mineral deficiency and rubbing on the fence. He had been rubbing on the fence, but so had the other goats and they didn’t look like that. I mean, there were patches of hair missing. I also noticed about this time that their mineral block was almost gone. So I figured maybe that really was what was happening. I freaked out for nothing, but that’s usually normal for me. I got a new block which is a story on its own that I will post later, but it worked. Hercules looks so much better and not like an uncared for goat. Poor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment