Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Going through Facebook tonight and there is hardly anything good on there. I have noticed more and more posts about animals. Not good posts either. I know things happen and life can change at any moment for any of us. Life is not a guarantee. One thing I have seen countless times lately are homeless pets, people dropping off pets, pets being lost, etc. This breaks my heart so much for the animals. Having an animal is a commitment, just like having a child or raising one. I know sometimes it can’t be helped, but animals are family in this house. I am new to this whole farm animal thing. But, I got into some groups on Facebook to help me with learning what to do with pigs. It really has helped me in my education on how to care for them. What I didn’t realize is these pot belly pigs that were such a big thing in the past has a population problem just like dogs and cats all over the country. There are so many rescues that are full because people get them thinking they will stay small, well they don’t. They can still be hundreds of pounds. The rescues are full. Humane societies don’t know what to do with a pig. My heart breaks for them all. I think I should have been a vet... These pigs are also being used for pig wrestling and pig chasing. If you keep up with my blog, you will see that these animals are smart and sensitive animals. They don’t want to be wrestled with and they definitely don’t like to be chased. I have 7 pigs and I only have 3 that will let me love on them. These animals have trust issues just like humans do. They need help just like the dogs and cats do. In saying all of that, there is a group on Facebook that was started by an 8 year old girl. She loves pigs and wants to help them. They are raising money right now to help a group that has had to rescue 250 pigs due to a bad situation. My sister has said she would make T-shirt to help with their fundraising. The shirts are so cute. She will make the shirt and she will donate $5 for every shirt that is purchased for $25. Let’s help these animals and this little girl proceed with her dreams of helping these pigs. If you want to order a shirt the link is https://etsy.me/2FfedFi. This little girl and her mom are advocating to stop pig wrestling and pig chasing also. They are making progress but we all need to pitch in.

No comments:

Post a Comment