Friday, July 12, 2019

I have now officially earned the crazy pig lady title today. I’m actually a little upset about it even... So, I couldn’t stop thinking about the babies that needed homes. I contacted the guy again to see if he still had the female that I would take her. He told me that he still had her and several others that needed to go so I could come get all I wanted. He didn’t want any money, he just needed them gone. They are about 3 months old. Well, since I had been there before I knew the drill. I get there and there were several babies running loose. He had the female in her own pen for me. I knew I should have just stuck the pig in my carrier and left but we all got to talking. I know better. I asked what they were feeding them and they said they mainly let them graze but give them pellets sometimes. So as things go on I see this really tiny one running around. He was so tiny. He was the runt of the litter. I was getting ready to leave and I’m not sure if he was serious or not but said they may have to get rid of them by dumping them on other peoples farms since they had more litters coming. I could not believe my ears. I am not a rescue and knew I couldn’t take all of them that were left. I asked, what are you going to do with the runt and he said he really hoped someone would take him. Well, I did. No way I was going to let that one get dumped regardless of what really is going to happen. I really hope they weren’t serious about it but I’ve really been upset about it since I left. But, I rescued 2 today. That’s all I could do. Meet Patsy and Brutus.

No comments:

Post a Comment