Friday, July 26, 2019

I know I have talked about this before but I feel like it should be mentioned again. I’m still seeing all of these posts about rehoming these pot belly pigs and people not being able to care for them because they are sick or they don’t have time for them or they just don’t have room because they are too big now. It absolutely breaks my heart. What’s worse is so many can’t find homes and go to shelters. I know there are a lot of rescues in this country but they are all full. I can’t even let myself think about what happens to them. I did read one article about someone taking in a pot belly that was a pet and the people ate it. I cannot even tell you how bad that made me feel. I do know some people just don’t have an option but these animals.... I had no idea how sensitive these animals were. They feel emotions and now that I have 7... yes, 7, I’m a little nutty since I’m not a rescue... I see it everyday. I go out in the mornings and check on them. I make sure they have water and give them some food. I work all day and come home and hang out with them. I feed them, give them all fresh water and plenty of love. This goes for the goats and the donkey, too. Yes, this takes a lot of time but just like with any animal, they need time and attention. I was out in the little pig pen and they still aren’t very social, but it’s getting better. In the big pig pen, those babies love me these days. I sat in the pen for hours tonight loving on them with kisses and belly rubs. When I got up to leave, Gus started pouting again. It really breaks my heart. He is so sensitive and pigs can actually cry real tears. Now that I have pigs, I know how much they feel emotions. My heart goes out to all of those pigs that don’t have homes and grieve for the home they did have. They remember. I will say that I’m pretty lucky because 3 of mine were ones that were rehomed but they all don’t get lucky like they have.


No comments:

Post a Comment