Tuesday, July 2, 2019

I know I have said over and over and over again that Spam really hasn’t warmed up to me. Tonight I think we may have turned a corner. Well, tonight we did, she is worse than a teenager, so tomorrow may be a different story. As she was eating, she didn’t want anything to do with me. I know that’s pretty normal for an animal, but I don’t want them to be food aggressive with me. They still are to each other, but that’s really normal, too. So while they were finishing eating, I went to do the watering thing for all of the animals. I forget everyday how hard that can be. I had a 12 hour day today and was exhausted so filling up water and getting it to my cart to take it down there was a big deal. When I was finished, I went back in the pig pen to try to love on them. Notice I said try. I sat on the ground and of course Gus was that up. Treat wanted nothing to do with me, but Spam came to me!! What?!?! I really was excited about this. Now it didn’t last too long but it’s definitely a start!! Hopefully it will get easier everyday. It’s really hard and I don’t think anyone could understand unless you have one of these guys. I sure didn’t know what I was getting myself into. But, I do love it, even though it is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment