Monday, July 8, 2019

I know we just have a small hobby farm, nothing like a lot of people have with more animals and stuff. I cannot imagine their routines. Must be insane. I do a lot of this by myself since my hubby is out of town a lot working so I can continue to have these animals. These animals are pets, obviously not food, so we don’t make any money on it. It truly is a hobby because of my love for animals. And I do love them. Every one of them. My routine is nuts, and of my own doing, but nuts anyway. I have to be sure they are ok. There’s that neurotic behavior again. I get up in the morning early to go check water and feed a bit before I go to work. It’s so hot out that I have to make sure the water supply will last all day for all of them. Then I go in and get ready for work. After that I drive an hour into work. I work at least my 8 hours and then drive the hour home. When I get home, I let the dogs out and feed them, just like in the morning. Then I go feed the donkey and the goats. They graze all day long, so I just give them a little bit of hay. When it’s time to worm them, I give them pellets which is work in itself. They get so excited, they almost knock me over every time. And Cracker Jack will fight for his, so they get separate bowls. I then go out and feed the little pigs. Then I get to the bigger pigs. Once all of that is finished I start to water. I dump out bowls and the piggy pool and refill. I was carrying water buckets down, but hubby got me another water hose today to use. That is going to help a lot. When that is finished, I go back into the pens and give the animals attention that they want, and sometimes don’t want, but they get it anyway. I check the garden and water that and pick stuff if there is produce and check the pool also.



By then it’s usually 8 pm and I go in to shower and relax. Right before it gets dark again, I go and make one more round to make sure they are all good. I might do some homework if I haven’t finished it all and I might watch some tv before going to bed. I go to sleep about 11 pm and get up and do it all over in the morning. It can be exhausting, but it makes me so happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment