Monday, July 1, 2019

We put a pool into the pen with Spam, Treat, and Gus. Thought maybe that would help with this crazy Arkansas heat. That was the thought anyway. For weeks, they have been drinking out of it. I had seen several posts on my piggy groups that other people’s pigs love their pools. I thought eventually they would get in it to cool off. But, they hadn’t. They had been digging in the ground and laying in that to stay cool. And playing in the mud some when there is mud. At least that’s what Treat is doing. So one night I walked out and saw Gus in the pool. I was so thrilled about it. Except for the fact that he was just standing there. When he saw me, he got out of the pool. A couple days later, he did it again. Then I noticed the flies. Then I noticed the complete nastiness of the pool. Apparently pigs use pools as a bathroom. Lesson learned. Yes, there is still water in it and now I change it out everyday. Looks like what happens in a piggy pool, literally stays in the piggy pool...and floats!! Oh what a mess!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment