Friday, July 5, 2019

I am working so hard on Bacon but and Pork chop to trust me. They still are so skittish it’s unreal. I know pigs love Cheerios so I filed up a cup and went off down to the pen. I went in and they ran to the farthest point of the pen... normal occurrence.  I sat down on the ground and poured Cheerios all around me. I tried to get them to take it out of my hand, but that was a definite no. But, they did eat the Cheerios around me but they are fast. I was finally able to lightly touch Bacon bit but she screamed like something took a bite out of her and ran away as fast as she could. This happened twice. I finally just sat there and let them eat without me trying to love on them. I sat there for a long time and just didn’t move. I think I’m making some slow progress with them. Ronnie went out later and sat there but they wouldn’t get too close. They do come to the fence now when I come out and they didn’t do that before. Baby steps is what it is taking but they are in their forever home so there is no hurry at this point. It’s all going to work out. One day they will want belly rubs and love me back.


No comments:

Post a Comment